Who is this retreat for?
This exclusive one-day event is all about empowering single women 50+ who are near/at/in retirement, to confidently move forward into a fulfilling life of their own creation. The venue, chosen specifically chosen for its ambiance, has a limit of 30 people.
Who is leading the day?
The Power of One is the creation of, and will be presented by, Anna Harvey, Life & Career Transition Specialist with Boost Potential. Anna is a Certified Retirement Coach and has been providing community workshops for both single and married women, as well as one-to-one coaching.
It’s from the rich conversations with women who attend Anna’s Life Re-imagined workshops that she saw a need to provide additional information specific to the needs of the single woman. (Anna herself is one of the growing demographic of LAT-ers (Living Apart, Together) who identifies as “single.”)
Anna will lead the day at Power of One. She is an experienced speaker and is known for her warmth, her ability to create safe space for openness and curiosity, and for her infectious enthusiasm.
When is it?
Saturday October 14, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Where is Power of One being held?
Fireside Lounge of the University Club
University of Victoria
3800 Finnerty Road [map link]
What does my $149 plus tax registration include?
Your registration includes:
– the casual ambiance of UVic Club’s Fireside Lounge, plus the water garden patio
– learning from 6 presenters
– next-step action worksheets, tips and guides from presenters to carry your learning forward
– continental breakfast, pool-side patio lunch, two nutrition breaks; coffee, tea and beverages
– a gift bag of presenters’ information and promotional products
– a donation to the Single Parents Resource Centre (Sincere thanks to our 6 Presenters for volunteering their time!)
What can I expect to take away from this event?
You can expect to come away with:
– new and important information on topics of particular interest to single women 50+
– answers to your questions posed during the generous Q&A following each presentation
– action plans, worksheets, and tips to help carry your learning forward
– connections to 6 experts who you know you can trust to be of service to you
– inspiration and ideas from the other women attendees
– connections to like-minded women that can be the basis for new friendships
– promotional gifts from each presenter
Can my friend come?
Yes, your woman friend who’s 50+ would be most welcome to purchase a ticket and come with you.
What do I need to bring?
Just yourself, your open mind and your willingness to meet some wonderful women! Of course you should also bring anything you need personally to take care of yourself for the day.
How should I dress?
Please wear casual, relaxed clothes that feel comfortable.
Will there be gluten free & vegetarian options?
Yes! Anna will be in touch with you after you purchase your ticket and will need your dietary restrictions.
Do you offer refunds/cancellations?
We understand that life happens. If you cannot attend the event we recommend giving or selling your ticket to a friend, relative or other community member who is a single woman 50+. If you are unable to do so you can request a 50% ticket refund until Sept. 30th, 2017. After Sept 30th no refunds will be given.
Is this an elaborate sales pitch for something?
No. This day was specifically designed by Anna Harvey to provide much needed information to single women as they prepare for, or experience, their retirement. The intent is also to provide a relaxed casual atmosphere in which women can cultivate new connections and friendships – a key element that Anna has often heard is missing in the single woman’s life.
There is no obligation to reconnect with any of the speakers or with Anna Harvey. All speakers offer excellent services that can be trusted, and if you choose to provide your email, it will be a pleasure to follow-up with you to ask if we can be of service.
When is the next retreat?
Sunday & Monday, February 25 and 26, 2018 at Yellowpoint Lodge, just north of Ladysmith. If you’ve never experienced Yellowpoint, this is your moment! Anna has been going here for her own annual retreat since 2003, and she’s excited to be bringing with her seven (7) single women 50+.
The focus of this two-day retreat is for you to receive your own unique Retirement Success Profile measuring:
– your attitude and expectations toward 15 retirement success factors
– your current preparedness
– your unique areas of focus for planning a fulfilling retirement
Anna Harvey is a Certified Retirement Coach and will lead the learning and facilitate the conversation.